Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My thoughts on Longoria not playing tonight.

As a Rays fan, I was secretly relieved when I read the scroll at the bottom of MLB network. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Evan Longoria suit up and start 3rd base for the American League All Star team. However, Longo needs some rest. The hamstring injury has been bothering him and the only way it will truly heal is by getting some rest.

By holding him out of the game, Longo gets 4 days off. Granted he's in St. Louis, but he's now not playing, not practicing and getting some real rest. Hopefully, Longo can turn that rest into another hot streak to start off the 2nd half. I don't need to tell you that the Rays don't have much room for error for the rest of the season. A healthy Longo will go a long way into making sure the Rays are ready.

Longoria will not play in All-Star Game | 10connects.com | Tampa, St. Petersburg, Clearwater

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

i agree with you...although i hate that HIS experiance is compromised by his health...I've had pulled/almost tear a hamstring, as an officer, and was out for a month on desk work and I have to tell you...as athletic as I am...its been a year and I still never fully recovered

Anonymous said...

Hamstring injuries are the worst. He does need to rest as much as possible. Plus, according to the ESPN scroll he also has a finger infection. Ouch! I hope the rest does him good & heels him up. He's needed for the Red Sox series in August. It would be wise to rest him for the Yankee series in July so he'll be 100% for Boston. Yes, I'm a Yankee fan but I have no alterior motive! Trust me!
Lynn (@lbwvu)

Anonymous said...

that should be Ulterior motive.

Lynn

Bud Light said...

Bull S h i t...MILLIONS of fans, not only fans in tampabay voted for Longoria!!!
He does not need rest he needs to be seen for baseball in total, Longo himself, and the Rays!
Let him rest Wed, thur, fri...
Make an appearance and get out...
Chicken s h i t decision...hope it wasn't Longos!

Post a Comment

Rays Revolutionary treated by Truly Nolen © Layout By Hugo Meira.

TOP