Monday, September 7, 2009

Have we seen the last of Carlos Pena in a Rays uniform?

Is that it for 'Los? That was the first thought I had when I got word that Carlos Pena may be lost for the season. My mind imediately drifted to a time when his smiling face may not be the starting first baseman for the Rays.

Now, don't get me wrong. I don't want to see Carlos gone. I don't want to see the team trim payroll at the expense of decent Rays. But if recent history has taught us anything, the Rays are a cold and calculating organization. They're going to run the numbers and come up with a formula. That formula will be the deciding factor on whether the Rays keep Pena or send him packing.

Time will tell. I'd like to think that the Rays front office takes more into consideration that just the numbers. But, if not, we very well could've seen the last of Carlos Pena in a Rays uniform.

1 Comment:

Bud Light said...

Here's cold calculating...
Pena hits a home run ever 4 games....the other 3 games he strikes out more than any player in Al..
If you can get rid of him and keep CC and Aki its a no brainer...
Anyone can play first base...Zo, Aybar or new guy from LA..
Pena is going to make more than CC next year..He is not 1/2 the overall player CC is! Book It!

Post a Comment

Rays Revolutionary treated by Truly Nolen © Layout By Hugo Meira.

TOP