Monday, May 25, 2009

Meltdown Rant

One of the benefits of having a blog about your favorite sports team is the opportunity to truly get your feelings off your chest after a tough loss.  And tonight, I have a lot to give off.

This has to be the worst loss in franchise history. I'm embarrassed to be a Rays fan. This team was up 10-0 at one point in this game and go on to lose it 11-10.  There are no words to describe what happens when a team gives up 6 runs in the bottom of the ninth. There are no words to describe the emotion watching your team completely meltdown against a hated rival.

It was a day that was supposed to begin the David Price era in Tampa Bay.  The would-be king of the Rays rotation took the mound and did what he was supposed to do... get batters out. But his work was undone by 2 guys who weren't even on the team when the Rays played Cleveland last week: Dale Thayer and Jason Isringhausen. Not only that, they had to get racked wearing red hats that make them look like their mothers dressed them.

I hope this loss really stings in the clubhouse.  I hope the players go back to the hotel and watch ESPN to see what a national joke they've become. I hope the people all over Cleveland are talking about how the Indians came back from 10 down and took it to the defending American League Champions.  I hope the Rays remember the feeling they've got right now and never let it happen again.

This is all I've got for now.  If you've got your own rants, feel free to send them to me and I'll publish them here. Maybe we can turn this into a group therapy session. Just send your rants to bucs8ball at gmail.com. You can also follow my rants at www.twitter.com/m_weber

/Rant

1 Comment:

JMS said...

I Hate Joe Maddon for being so stubborn again and costing the Rays his 11th blown game this year..Team loss yes, but Maddon could have changed his mind and brought in Howell when they walked everybody, just simply refuses to chnage when it isn't working

Post a Comment

Rays Revolutionary treated by Truly Nolen © Layout By Hugo Meira.

TOP