Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Rays round-up: Internet Outtage Edition

I had plenty to say this morning, unfortunately an internet outtage took away my thunder. I could go on about Maddon's defense, lack of hitting, and uninspired play. I expected a lot of from the Rays last night, instead I sit here this morning wondering if I should hit the panic button.

Here's today's Rays Round-up. As always, my comments are in italics.

Rays Index touches on the touchy subject of outfield defensive alignment. I'm still pretty upset about the fly balls going over Kaplar's head. However, it would be a moot point if the Rays could score some runs.

Just in case you didn't get enough discussion on Kaplar's position. Even Mariner's fan blogs picked up on it. Okay, I'm done beating this dead horse.

The News Tribune calls Washburn the hero last night. Can't argue that.  The Rays are going to continue to see a steady diet of lefties until they show they can hit them. That means Aki, CC, & Pena.  Pat the Bat, Gabe Kaplar, and Longo all did their jobs last night.

1 Comment:

Matty said...

No starter has an ERA under 4. The bats will come and go, but the Rays have to pitch. They didn't hit last year and won. BUT...the hitting has to also be timely. Once again, the Rays didn't take advantage of key scoring opportunities. Sonny had one bad inning, but he can't walk people, and hit batters. Rays just aren't the same. Not as focused, and not taking advantage of opportunities. If those starter and bullpen ERA's continue to stay in the 5 to 6 range, the Rays won't even come close to finishing at .500 much less the playoffs.

Post a Comment

Rays Revolutionary treated by Truly Nolen © Layout By Hugo Meira.

TOP